Pupil Premium and COVID Catch-up
Pupil Premium at NWHS
The strategy at North Walsham High School will be based on the schools’ vision of putting the success and happiness of our students at the heart of everything we do. The principles are as follows:
- We are resilient, we are kind and we strive for excellence.
- Improve outcomes for all students at North Walsham High School.
- Ensure every student is given the ability to overcome the barriers they experience.
Our strategy follows the 3-tiered approach outlined in the “The EEF guide to The Pupil Premium” (EEF, June 2019)
Tier 1 Quality First Teaching – Sutton Trust research shows QFT has the greatest impact of pupil progress especially for disadvantage students.
Tier 2 Intervention - There may be occasions where QFT is not doing enough to close the gap or extend disadvantaged students sufficiently. When this occurs intervention will be used with a focus on a whole school approach.
Tier 3 Wider Strategies – this focusses on removing the non-academic barriers to student success.
Pupil Premium documents
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children, who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Further information can be found HERE.
The Free School Meals Team can be contacted on 01603 222518 or 01603 223051 for further advice and guidance.
If you have any queries regarding Pupil Premium please email Mr Phipps (firstname.lastname@example.org)