Students are provided with opportunities to add depth to their learning and develop personal skills through a rich and varied enrichment programme. Students will have the chance to enjoy new experiences and consolidate their timetabled learning through this programme.
It is our plan to ensure that:
- Every Year 7 has the chance to learn a musical instrument of some sort;
- Every Year 8 will take part in a drama performance and attend a theatre experience
- All Year 9’s will undertake the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
- From 2019 all Year 10s will take part the World of Work Bronze STEM award.
- There will be an opportunity for those students who wish to take the Duke of Edinburgh Silver award in Years 10 and 11
- Throughout the five years students are with us (commencing in Summer 2018) they will undertake the NWHS pledges: 1. To regularly attend an after-school activity 2. To represent the school at a sporting, cultural or academic event. 3. To take part in an outward bound residential programme 4. To attend a national sporting or cultural event, or a performance at a major venue 5. To take part in, or support, a major school production or event. 6. To take part in a formal presentation to an audience using ICT/multimedia 7. To be actively involved in an international experience 8. To be actively involved in a community experience 9. To help plan, organise or take part in a major fund raising event 10. To contribute to the development of the concept of sustainability
- We run an extensive number of after school clubs from Gardening to Science; Homework to Warhammer. We are always looking to start new clubs and are happy that children are heavily involved not only in taking part but in running them too
- We have a large number of trips that regularly go out including –the history castles trip, Kip on a Ship on HMS Belfast, The Geography trip to Italy/Iceland to name but a few.
- We still run Activities Week just before the timetable changes and this week has a whole variety of enhanced curriculum opportunities for every child in school.
At North Walsham High School we run lots of extra-curricular activities that students can join in with. Some of these are in Lunch times and some after school.
Please click on the club titles to the right of the page for more details.