School Uniform - All Years
Our uniform consists of the following:
- Maroon blazer with the NWHS badge on the pocket
- Plain light blue formal shirt, short or long sleeved (shirts must be buttoned up to the collar and tucked in at the waist)
- School tie, tied to a sensible length
- Socks - black only. Knee socks are not allowed
- NWHS branded black skirt; or plain black formal trousers in standard, or comfort fit (not tight to the skin)
- Flat black leather-type business shoes with enclosed toe and heel (images of suitable and unsuitable shoes below)
- Belts where worn should be plain back with a small buckle.
- Pupils must have a sturdy backpack.
Skirts can now only be purchased from one supplier. This supplier is Stevenson's in Norwich. There are 2 styles with an embroidered logo on the waist band. Please see the Stevenson's website for details – they stock all uniform. Blazers, jumpers and other general uniform supplies are available from Kayes of Aylsham.
Our summer uniform consists of:
- To be confirmed
Any extremes of clothing, footwear, make-up or hairstyles (natural hair colours only) are not appropriate for school and the appropriate sanction will be issued
Students must be smart at all times - shirt tucked in; top button fastened; tie at five buttons length.
Students must wear their School blazer at all times unless they have been given permission to take it off by a member of staff.
Skirts must only be the NWHS branded type.
Trousers with very tight-fitting legs, jeans, leggings, jeggings, jogging or tracksuits, pin-stripe or cords are not to be worn
No head gear to be worn (except for religious headdress).
No hand bags will be allowed and only sturdy backpacks will be allowed in school from September 2018
All items of clothes and other belongings should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.
We ask that parents monitor the condition of their child’s uniform and ensure that items, such as shoes, are replaced in good time.
Uniform is designed to give pupils a professional and business-like outlook. By removing branded items it also seeks to give a sense of belonging, team spirit and also reducing bullying.
We want all our students to take pride in their school, and we believe that a professional looking uniform helps to focus minds on study.
Full school uniform should be worn correctly on the way to school, throughout the school day, and on the journey home.
Appropriate sanctions will be issued in the event of a pupil failing to comply with the schools uniform policy.
Policy for dealing with incorrect uniform
If a student arrives at school without an item of uniform, the following steps will be taken by the School:
- The student may be asked to purchase or borrow the item needed if this is available at the Student Support Office.
- If the student cannot borrow or purchase an item, parents will be contacted so that the student can be sent home to correct their uniform. Students will be able to return as soon as this is rectified.
- If parents cannot be contacted, the student will be placed in isolation until they are in correct uniform.
Appropriate sanctions will be issued in the event of a pupil failing to comply with the schools uniform policy