NWHS Hosts District Cross Country Event
Over 300 young runners from nine schools took part in the East and North Norfolk Cross-Country Championships held at North Walsham High School, with teams from Aylsham High School and Reepham High Schools each winning three of the six races.
The teams ran races ranging from 2.5km (1.5 miles) and 5.9km (3.7 miles) depending on age, across a variety of terrain including roads, grass and mud.
The team results were as follows:
- U13 Boys: 1st Reepham, 2nd Aylsham, 3rd Sheringham
- U13 Girls: 1st Reepham, 2nd Cromer, 3rd Alderman Peel
- Junior Boys: 1st Reepham, 2nd Aylsham, 3rd Broadland
- Junior Girls: 1st Aylsham, 2nd Broadland, 3rd Cromer
- Intermediate Boys: 1st Aylsham, 2nd North Walsham, 3rd Cromer
- Intermediate Girls: 1st Aylsham, 2nd North Walsham, 3rd
The first ten finishers in each race qualified for the next week’s County Cross-Country Championships, which will be held at the Royal Norfolk Showground on Tuesday 24th January.
PE Teacher Iain Mills commented, “It was great to see so many runners turn out for our area event. Over 300 children took part in the six races, showing that there is a real enthusiasm for running amongst our young people, something which is being nurtured and encouraged by all schools in the area.
“Congratulations to all who qualified for the County Championships, and we hope that they do this part of Norfolk proud in that event.”
Back to all news stories