You are encouraged to be proud of your appearance and of your uniform. We have a uniform for reasons of equality of opportunity, and health and safety. We do not want uniform to be an issue and want students to wear it sensibly. Therefore, all students are expected to wear the school uniform as listed on the right.
Our stockist is:
Our uniform consists of the following:
- Maroon blazer with the NWHS badge on the pocket
- Plain light blue formal shirt, short or long sleeved (shirts must be buttoned up to the collar and tucked in at the waist)
- School tie, tied with the large section facing the front (5 stripe length). Ties may be borrowed from reception or the Student Support Leaders, failure to return the tie at the end of the school day will incur a £5.50 cost which will be collected via WisePay.
NWHS branded black skirt – these are available in two styles and a variety of sizes, but should be knee-length(we have asked the supplier for a longer length skirt, 69cm, to be added to the pencil style skirt); skirts should be worn with black tights or black ankle socks (not trainer socks)
Plain black formal trousers in standard, or comfort fit (not tight to the skin); trousers should be worn with black socks, with no skin visible between the sock and the bottom of the trouser leg. Students who are wearing inappropriate socks will be provided with correct socks. The first pair will be free of charge, but all subsequent pairs will incur a £1 charge which will be collected via WisePay.
Flat black leather-type business shoes with enclosed toe and heel – not soft leather. No leather Vans, Converse or equivalent please (images of suitable and unsuitable shoes can be found on the school website)
Belts, if worn, should be plain back with a small buckle.
Pupils must have a sturdy backpack (No handbags)
Summer uniform consists of:
- Plain light blue formal shirt, short or long sleeved (shirts may have the top button undone and must be tucked in at the waist)
- Socks - black only. Knee socks are not allowed. No flesh should be showing between the top of socks and the bottom of trousers.
- NWHS branded black skirt; or plain black formal trousers in standard, or comfort fit (not tight to the skin)
- Flat black leather-type business shoes with enclosed toe and heel (images of suitable and unsuitable shoes below)
- Pupils must have a sturdy backpack.
No blazer and no tie for all students
Summer uniform will be worn from Monday 17th June 2019
Skirts can now only be purchased from one supplier. This supplier is Stevenson's in Norwich. There are 2 styles with an embroidered logo on the waist band. Please see the Stevenson's website for details – they stock all uniform. Blazers, jumpers and other general uniform supplies are available from Kayes of Aylsham.
Any extremes of clothing, footwear, make-up or hairstyles (natural hair colours only) are not appropriate for school and the appropriate sanction will be issued
Students must be smart at all times - shirt tucked in; top button fastened; tie at five buttons length.
Students must wear their School blazer at all times unless they have been given permission to take it off by a member of staff.
Skirts must only be the NWHS branded type.
Trousers with very tight-fitting legs, jeans, leggings, jeggings, jogging or tracksuits, pin-stripe or cords are not to be worn
No head gear to be worn (except for religious headdress).
No hand bags will be allowed and only sturdy backpacks will be allowed in school from September 2018
All items of clothes and other belongings should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.
We ask that parents monitor the condition of their child’s uniform and ensure that items, such as shoes, are replaced in good time.
Uniform is designed to give pupils a professional and business-like outlook. By removing branded items it also seeks to give a sense of belonging, team spirit and also reducing bullying.
We want all our students to take pride in their school, and we believe that a professional looking uniform helps to focus minds on study.
Full school uniform should be worn correctly on the way to school, throughout the school day, and on the journey home.
Appropriate sanctions will be issued in the event of a pupil failing to comply with the schools uniform policy.
Policy for dealing with incorrect uniform
If a student arrives at school without an item of uniform, the following steps will be taken by the School:
- The student may be asked to purchase or borrow the item needed if this is available at the Student Support Office.
- If the student cannot borrow or purchase an item, parents will be contacted so that the student can be sent home to correct their uniform. Students will be able to return as soon as this is rectified.
- If parents cannot be contacted, the student will be placed in isolation until they are in correct uniform.
Appropriate sanctions will be issued in the event of a pupil failing to comply with the schools uniform policy